We also received final results from the geneticist. The chromosomal tests came back within normal range. Praise God!
The most difficult part about yesterday's MRI was denying Noah food. He was not sedated until 1 pm so we had up until that time to keep him happy. The saddest part was that he only asked to eat one time in the four hours he was awake prior to sedation. He gradually become anxious and frustrated, even gnawing on his arm at one point. I held him in a warm blanket and tried to distract him with a video. He finally began to pinch me angrily. It was heart-breaking to get a glimpse of how it might have been for him in China. It was obvious to me and Mark that it has been deeply ingrained in his mind that asking for food does not mean that you will get food. How many times has he felt the pangs of hunger? We will never know.
4 comments:
Praise God on his tests :) That is good news. I know that must have been awful having to with hold his food. Poor baby and Momma.
Great news about the test results!!! I know the MRI was a challenging time for you all ~ so glad it's done and over with. Noah is such an amazing gift and I am so glad and thankful that you found him ~ he's a lucky little boy to have such a loving family. I have a feeling this beautiful child is going to teach us all a lot about life, love, strength, and patience.
Great news about the test results!!! I know the MRI was a challenging time for you all ~ so glad it's done and over with. Noah is such an amazing gift and I am so glad and thankful that you found him ~ he's a lucky little boy to have such a loving family. I have a feeling this beautiful child is going to teach us all a lot about life, love, strength, and patience.
Yeah!!!
Post a Comment