On another note, I requested additional information from the non-profit organization that had Noah in foster care. I was hoping for more insight into Noah's behavior and his malnutrition. The report I received indicated that Noah was very ill while in China and had pneumonia several times. That in combination with his heart condition was said to have contributed to his diminutive size. The orphanage workers said it was miraculous that he survived.
Honestly, I don't know what to believe. His heart was repaired at 13 months of age so there should not have been a "heart condition" after he recovered from surgery. I don't doubt that he was ill and had pneumonia but I'm still not certain that was the sole reason for his malnutrition. And there are the inconsistencies in his reported skills and developmental level and what he has been able to do since we got him. It is a mystery that may be forever unsolved.
We had a very tough day today with Noah's behavior. Granted, he does not feel well, but - wow! - those pinches were coming hard and fast! We did some play dough time to give him a different outlet with his fingers. That seemed to help some. I was sure that bedtime would be a nightmare but God worked the impossible (as He usually does!) and I had a wonderful time of rocking and playfulness with Noah right before placing him in his crib. Whatever we do that is right and true is done because of God's work in our lives. It has nothing to do with our genius, I can assure you! To Him be the glory!
No comments:
Post a Comment