Tuesday, June 16, 2009

For This I Am Grateful

God has shown us His faithfulness these past few weeks as He continues to provide for us and show us His love. I am so thankful that we do not have to face these days alone. He has never left us and He never will.

I am grateful for all who have committed to pray for our family. I know there are people whom I have never met as well as many dear friends and family who are asking for God's healing and wisdom for our family. There is also a group of faithful women in our church who are on their knees daily, petitioning God on behalf of our family. For this I am grateful.

I am grateful for our therapist who has connected us with some of the best international adoption specialists in the world at the University of Minnesota. She has been a true gift to us as she provides care and compassion. For this I am grateful.

I am grateful that the adoption clinic at U of M will accept our insurance. We are also blessed beyond measure to receive the gift of airline miles from our brother-in-law and hotel points from my dad. For this I am grateful.

I am grateful that Noah has been more receptive to the physical affection and care offered to him by my older two children. It is a joy to watch my daughter give Noah a hug without any pinching or scratching from Noah. It is a privilege to watch my oldest son provide loving care and protection to a little brother who has caused him such heartache. For this I am grateful.

I am grateful for ease of access to competent doctors. I received news last week that I have basal cell carcinoma. It is a small place on my face that will be removed by an excellent MOHS surgeon. For this I am grateful.

I am grateful for a scared little boy that is being transformed by God's grace. God has used him to turn our world upside down and lead us to trust in Him completely. For this I am grateful.

June 2008, China
June 2009, USA

3 comments:

Penny said...

It's amazing to see Noah's photo from a year ago and to compare it with a more recent photo. It's so wonderful to see how much he has grown in such a short period of time! His sweet little cheeks have filled out so much and the smile on his face is priceless!

I hated to hear about your skin cancer when you called me the other day, as my father has had it off and on for many years. I am so glad, however, that you have a great doctor who is helping you with its removal!

I am also so happy to hear that you will have the opportunity to go to the University of Minnesota to meet with specialists who can help you with Noah ~ that's such a blessing indeed!

Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers . . . sending much love your way! xoxo

Violet said...

There is one more child who would not have servived being saved by a specail family chosen by God. For this I am grateful and admire the courage and sacrifice!!! Love you and always thinking about you and your family. I am away on the other side of world right now (right across from where you went to pick Noah up! :0). Will call you once get back.

allie :^) said...

laura what an AWESOME POST!!!! ;) KUDOS TO YOU and sounds like maybe the year is beginning to improve? we still need to email more. ;) this was a great post to read. keep them coming! :)


Noah Leaves His Footprint in China

Noah Gets His Nails Trimmed

Take Out

Take Out