Friday, May 29, 2009

Be Still

Over the past month we have experienced emotional hardship. I have not shared much of it here because it seemed too difficult to rehash and put down in writing.  At times it has felt as if our family was falling apart. At times it felt as if I was falling apart. The emotional strain and stress has been almost more than I can bear. 

But God is faithful. He has brought people into our lives to minister to us, comfort us, and direct us. We are so grateful that, in His timing, He has provided exactly what we needed. 

Yesterday, I was feeling overwhelmed with all that is before me. As I stepped outside after Noah was in bed, my heart began to quiet. God's beauty surrounded me as day faded into night. And in the solitude of twilight He gave me these words:

Be still, my soul, and rest;
These quiet moments blessed.
The waxing moon is soft aglow
As one lone bird calls from below.
Dusky blue has washed the sky
And peace is mine by and by.

We are asking our friends and family to join us in prayer as we seek restoration and healing. Please post a comment or send a note if you are willing to stand with us in prayer. It would mean so much to our family. Specifically, we are asking God for wisdom as we pursue further treatment for Noah, unity and peace in our family, patience in dealing with difficult behaviors, and that God's great love would heal the hurts of this past year. Thank you for praying with us.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am always thinking about you and praying for you and your family. God is faithful. HE will pull you through!
Violet

Joshua1:9 said...

you are daily in our prayers.

ronda

Carole said...

Such beautiful thoughts. You are defending the cause of the fatherless (Is.1:17). Pure and faultless religion looks after orphans...(James 1:27). You share food with the hungry and provide shelter for the poor (Is.58:7) ... Help the weak (Acts 20:35). Remember those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering. (Heb.13:3) We are praying morning, noon, and night! God is healing!!

Penny said...

Laura, please know I always keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers. These challenges you and your family are going through will pass ~ these are all but moments in linear time. I would ask God and His angels to surround you at this time to provide strength, protection, healing, and love. You have a strong family and strong faith and will get through this. I have no doubt. Please know that you are loved and missed. Get the pool ready because we plan to come out soon!!! School is out this Friday ~ hooray! :-) xoxo

Ladybugs' Mom said...

Please know I will continue to pray for Noah, you and your family! God trusted you with Noah because he knew you were the one who knew how to heal all his wounds (mental and physical). That poem is so beautiful! I can totally relate to what you said about being still. Sometimes we rush to get things fixed quick when only God can heal in his timing. Read Isaiah 49

Unknown said...

You are all in our prayers each day. Though the journey has been difficult, God is faithful. He will heal and restore you and give you strength. We pray that you will feel God's love, peace, and strength all through every day and night.

Unknown said...

You are always in our prayers. We know this journey has been difficult and you are not seeing much progress. Unfortunately we want things to occur quickly but things happen in God's time. May He wrap his arms around you so you can feel His love. Hopefully that will give you some peace while he continues his healing of Noah. We love you all.
It was so good to see Mark, Ethan and Claire. It was a good trip for all.
Love,
Diana, Chris, Austin, Danielle and Gianna

Laura and Erik said...

I need to copy your poem as we too have struggled this year. Thank you for reminding me that God is faithful and he is there to lean on. I will continue to keep you, Noah, and the whole family in my thoughts and prayers.


Noah Leaves His Footprint in China

Noah Gets His Nails Trimmed

Take Out

Take Out