Monday, January 26, 2009

Temper, Temper, Temper!

It seems that we have entered a lovely new phase with Noah - temper tantrums. Boy, I hope this is short-lived! 

This is my counselor's take on why this and why now. From an adoption perspective, Noah is finally comfortable and secure enough in his relationships with us that he is willing to test the waters a little (or a lot) to see where the boundaries lie within our family. Also, he's two and anyone who has had a two year old knows they are expert tantrum-makers. Put these together and you have the making of some pretty dramatic, rolling-on-the-floor, crocodile-tears, scratching, spitting, screaming, blowing-your-nose-without-a-tissue-to-get-attention fits!

My patience has been tried to the limit. (Haven't I written that exact line in an earlier post?) I have never experienced such internal stress as I have these past months. But, as I mentioned to Mark earlier today, without a personal relationship with Christ I would have lost hope long ago. 

Thanks to those of you who have joined us in prayer as Noah continues to be grafted into our family. Please continue to remember us. We are asking God for patience, wisdom, and peace during this time. Also, we would love to pray for you! Send us a comment or private e-mail with your prayer needs. We would consider it a privilege to lift you up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura,
Just popped in to see how things are going. Praying right now for you all.

"Let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart." -Galatians

Blessings,
Donna Maxwell

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you are going through the "terrible twos" ~ they can be so challenging!!! Just remember to take lots of deep breaths from time to time and try to stay centered as much as possible. I will keep you guys in my prayers! xoxo


Noah Leaves His Footprint in China

Noah Gets His Nails Trimmed

Take Out

Take Out