One of the things that made the week so difficult was Noah's anger. He scratched my face for the first time in over two months leaving a thin scab above my lip. The reason for his anger? Food. I believe he wanted to eat but he felt so bad, especially earlier in the week, that he could not eat. He asked for food and then threw or demolished what I gave him. He screamed and cried and threw a good ol' two year old tantrum! I wonder if the feelings he experienced this week reminded him of the times in China when he was hungry and malnourished physically and emotionally. It was heartbreaking to watch. We have so many layers of hurt to work through but he is continuing to attach well which should make the work we have ahead of us easier.
In the summer of 2008 we adopted into our family two year old Sheng Heng from South China. Several of you have asked, “Aren’t you going to create a blog so we can ‘travel’ with you?” Well, here it is! The Lord has blessed us as we begin this journey. We hope that you will find it a blessing too.
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Our Week
Well, this has been one of the more difficult weeks in a long time. Noah started the week severely constipated ( I know, lovely topic of conversation!) He got to the point where he refused to eat. He must have been miserable. So I administered an enema at the recommendation of our pediatrician and it worked wonders. The next day he started a cold and wouldn't eat again. Noah can't stand to lose any weight and I was getting worried. He did regain his appetite by the end of the week and we are on better ground now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Noah Leaves His Footprint in China
Noah Gets His Nails Trimmed
Take Out
No comments:
Post a Comment