Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Struggle

Olympic Creed:
"The most important thing in the Olympic Games is not to win but to take part, just as the most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well."

Our pastor referenced the Olympic Creed in his sermon this morning. He was preaching on the faith of Jacob and how Jacob struggled throughout his life to trust God. He said it was not until Jacob wrestled with God and God wounded him that Jacob learned to lean on God.
Jacob finished his life well. His brokenness led him to trust God and to lean on God no matter the circumstance. Jacob learned that God's grace was sufficient for him and that God's power was made perfect in Jacob's weakness (2 Corinthians 12:9).

At the end of our lives, may we be able to say "I have fought fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith" (I TImothy 4:7).


1 comment:

allie :^) said...

without a doubt, that is one of THE BEST POSTS i've ever, ever read. i've always felt a kinship w/ jacob!!!!!!!!! thanks for posting that. love you lady!!!!!! ;)


Noah Leaves His Footprint in China

Noah Gets His Nails Trimmed

Take Out

Take Out