Monday, October 26, 2009

Hold My Heart

How long must I pray,
Must I pray to You?
How long must I wait,
Must I wait for you?
How long ‘til I see your face,
See you shining through?

I'm on my knees,
Begging you to notice me
I'm on my knees.
Father, will you turn to me?

One tear in the driving rain.
One voice in the sea of pain.
Could the Maker of the stars
Hear the sound of my breaking heart?
One life, that's all I am.
Right now I can barely stand.
If You're everything You say You are
Would You come close and hold
my heart?

I've been so afraid, afraid to close my eyes.
So much can slip away before I say goodbye.
But if there's no other way
I'm done asking why.

I'm on my knees,
Begging You to turn to me.
I'm on my knees.
Father, will You run to me?

So many questions without answers.
Your promises remain.
I can't see but I'll take my chances
To hear you call my name.
To hear you call my name.

Tenth Avenue North: Michael Donehey, Jason David Ingram, and Phillip Larue

6 comments:

Geer Family said...

You have been on my prayer list during this process. I recently thought "I bet I can take her off now." Thank you for this post, it will help me know how to pray better and to continue.

MandL said...

Thank you for continuing to pray. Please don't stop.

Penny said...

Laura, please call me when you have a moment. I never know when to call you, as you are so busy with the kids and home-schooling. I want to know what's been going on with you guys . . . we desperately need to catch up! I am always here if you need me. xoxo

allie :^) said...

hey sweetie! hope there is some sunshine in your days soon! love forever and ever! ;) allie b.

Penny said...

Thinking of you today! xoxo

allie :^) said...

thinking of you today kiddo. hope the kids had a fun halloween!!! ;)post some pics for us. ;)


Noah Leaves His Footprint in China

Noah Gets His Nails Trimmed

Take Out

Take Out